In 2018, US e-commerce sales are still setting records. E-commerce will continue to grow strongly globally, with $2.3 trillion in growth projected. What distinguishes one e-commerce web design from another, though?
The total performance of an e-commerce website is influenced by several variables, including product quality, brand awareness, shipping costs, return policies, dependability, and customer support. However, providing customers with a positive, frictionless experience also depends on careful user experience design. Potential clicks will not only be turned into actual e-commerce transactions, but it will also encourage repeat business from clients.
Design e-commerce for Trust And Security
Designing a website that users feel confident in is crucial in the first place. The majority of buyers worry about privacy and whether the website would safeguard their personal information by facilitating a secure transaction. They will just choose to shop elsewhere if they don’t feel confident in the website’s reliability.
Here are some methods that will communicate trustworthiness:
Include an overview of the business:
● Provide general information
● Photographs of people behind the business
● Contact information
● Links to social media
● A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page
Publish store policies and make sure they are not too difficult to find:
● Shipping and return policies
● Outline the return process and what products can be returned
Write in plain language and avoid legal or internal policy jargon.
- Product Reviews: Product reviews can assist customers learn more about the product, which will help them feel more at ease and improve the e-commerce user experience. Take it a step further by summarizing the reviews or providing product reviews together with further details on the reviewers. This step can make it simpler for customers to fully benefit from other people’s opinions.
- Use a secure server: When making an online purchase, consumers anticipate that their personal information will be protected. Secure sockets layer (SSL) certificates confirm a website’s identity and encrypt data that has to be kept private. It serves as a crucial indicator that checkouts are secure. Implement SSL and display SSL certificate badges to reassure customers that their data is secure.
- Add recognized trust seals: A trust seal attests to a website’s reliability and security. Some trust businesses go so far as to give some insurance as an additional measure of security in case the transaction turns out to be false. Using renowned trust seals guarantees a secure transaction procedure to potential customers, increasing sales and improving the user experience (UX) of online shopping.
- Show attention to detail: By avoiding typos, missing photos, broken links, 404 errors (page not found), and other e-commerce UX-defeating issues, you may make the website appear trustworthy and professional.
Here is a comprehensive eCommerce web design guide to creating great e-commerce websites, complete with examples.
Before You Begin Your Web OKC Design
For your web design in Oklahoma City, it is not recommended to just jump in and start designing. To start your design off right, you should first:
1. Know Your Target Audience
Before you can create your website, you need to know who you are designing it for. If you know your target audience and understand why they choose your business, you can create a website that fits their needs.
2. Build Up Your Brand
If you have been considering a logo redesign or an entirely new branding strategy, now is the time to do so. With clear, cohesive branding and a logo that you love, you can create the best website for your business.
3. Creating An Impressive Web OKC Design
The right platform is the perfect foundation for a great website design in Oklahoma city. As with any design, when creating your E-Commerce website, make sure to:
- Focus On Simplicity: The website should share content in a way that is easy to understand and navigate.
- Prioritize Your Branding: A beautiful website will not take you far if users do not immediately recognize it as yours.
- Use Quality Content: Before adding text, photos, or graphics, make sure that it shares the right message.
- Keep It Scannable: Headers, whitespace, and other visual “breaks” may seem minor, but they are essential.
- Local Branding and Identity: To resonate with the Oklahoma City market, your e-commerce website design Oklahoma city should incorporate elements that reflect the local branding and identity. Utilize colors, fonts, and imagery that align with the city’s culture and appeal to its residents. Consider integrating local landmarks or references that evoke a sense of familiarity and connection. By showcasing a local touch, you can establish trust and credibility with potential customers, reinforcing the idea that your business is part of the community. Additionally, consider highlighting any partnerships or collaborations with local businesses or organizations, as it can further enhance your brand’s reputation and appeal to the local audience.
- Streamlined Navigation: An intuitive and streamlined navigation system is crucial for any e-commerce website, including those targeting the Oklahoma City market. Visitors should be able to easily find and navigate through your website’s different sections, product categories, and individual product pages. Implement a well-organized menu structure and clear call-to-action buttons to guide users to the desired pages or products efficiently. Additionally, consider incorporating search functionality that allows users to quickly search for specific products or keywords. By ensuring a seamless navigation experience, you can reduce bounce rates, increase user engagement, and ultimately improve conversions.
- Local Payment Gateways and Shipping Options: To cater to the Oklahoma City market effectively, it is important to provide local payment gateways and shipping options that align with the preferences and expectations of the local customer base. Consider integrating popular payment methods used in the region, such as PayPal, Stripe, or any other locally trusted options. Moreover, offering flexible shipping options, including local delivery or pickup services, can provide a competitive edge and convenience to your customers. Ensure that the checkout process is user-friendly and secure, assuring customers of the safety of their personal and financial information. By providing localized payment and shipping options, you can enhance the overall customer experience and build trust and loyalty.
- SEO Optimization: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plays a crucial role in driving organic traffic to your e-commerce website. By optimizing your website for relevant keywords and phrases, you can improve your website’s visibility in search engine results. Research and incorporate Oklahoma City-specific keywords and phrases in your website’s content, meta tags, headings, and URLs. Create unique and engaging product descriptions and category pages that highlight the benefits and features of your offerings while incorporating local search terms naturally. Additionally, focus on generating high-quality backlinks from local websites or directories to further boost your search engine rankings. Investing in SEO optimization will help your e-commerce website attract targeted traffic and reach potential customers in Oklahoma City.
Building a successful e-commerce website design in Oklahoma City requires careful consideration of various factors. By prioritizing a responsive design, incorporating local branding, ensuring streamlined navigation, offering local payment gateways and shipping options, and optimizing for SEO, you can create a website that resonates with the local audience and maximizes your business’s potential. Remember, a well-designed e-commerce website not only attracts customers but also provides them with an enjoyable and seamless shopping experience. By implementing these considerations, you can set your e-commerce venture in Oklahoma City on the path to success.